Named to honor the memory of a pioneer in RLS research and established in 2010, the Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards are presented at the annual meeting of the IRLSSG. The up-to five $1,000 awards recognize research efforts by new investigators in an attempt to promote interest in the study of RLS.
The 2020 Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards will be made to welcome:
1. Either young investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field who are no more than 10 years past receiving their PhD or MD; or
2. Senior investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field (first publication of a first author abstract or journal article in the RLS/PLMS field is within the last 3 years); and
3. Their scientific RLS/PLMS work was accepted for presentation at SLEEP 2020 in Philadelphia ,PA.
The awardees are expected to present their work at the IRLSSG 2020 Annual Meeting, held Sunday June 14 2020, in Philadelphia PA, USA. The deadline for abstract submission and award application is April 15, 2020. Abstracts considered for award will be judged based on work quality and relevance to the field.
Award applications should include the following:
1. Name, address, and scientific affiliation
2. Current job and professional role
3. Scientific mentor/senior associate (for junior investigators)
4. Submitted abstract and official indication of acceptance or scientific role of the applicant in the scientific encounter with official documentation attached to the application (this can be submitted later than the initial application if relevant information is unavailable at the first point).
5. Other information supporting the application when appropriate or needed (e.g. comments about relevance of the work to RLS or about role/activity in the IRLSSG meeting.)
Applications should be filled out online or sent by email to:
IRLSSG Wayne Hening Award Committee
c/o Allan O’Bryan, Executive Secretary IRLSSG