Wayne Hening Young Investigator Award
Named to honor the memory of a pioneer in RLS research and established in 2010, the Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards are presented at the annual meeting of the IRLSSG. The five $1,000 awards recognize research efforts by new investigators in an attempt to promote interest in the study of RLS.
The 2018 Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards will be made to welcome:
1. Either young investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field who are no more than 10 years past receiving their PhD or MD; or
2. Senior investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field (first publication of a first author abstract or journal article in the RLS/PLMS field is within the last 3 years); and
3. Their scientific RLS/PLMS work was accepted for presentation at the APSS/SRS SLEEP meeting in Baltimore, Maryland.
The awardees are expected to present their work at the IRLSSG annual meeting, Saturday, June 2, 2018, at the IRLSSG Annual Scientific meeting held in Baltimore, Maryland. (You must be a member of IRLSSG to attend.) The deadline for abstract submission and award application is May 1, 2018. Abstracts considered for award will be judged based on work quality and relevance to the field and notifications can be expected by May 10, 2018. More information about the IRLSSG and annual 2018 meeting is available.
Award applications should include the following:
1. Name, address, and scientific affiliation
2. Current job and professional role
3. Scientific mentor/senior associate (for junior investigators)
4. Submitted abstract and official indication of acceptance or scientific role of the applicant in the scientific encounter with official documentation attached to the application (this can be submitted later than the initial application if relevant information is unavailable at the first point).
5. Other information supporting the application when appropriate or needed (e.g. comments about relevance of the work to RLS or about role/activity in the IRLSSG meeting.)
Applications should be sent by email to:
IRLSSG Wayne Hening Award Committee
c/o Allan O’Bryan, Executive Secretary IRLSSG